Saturday, October 25, 2008

All's well with the world

As long as we're not talking finances, all is well with the world. I'm watching the Fighting Irish earn their first road win of the season. You can really see the improvement in the team from week to week. Now if I could only see that kind of improvement in my fantasy team.... It's been a Notre Dame week of sorts. The ND Glee Club gave an excellent concert here in Maine the other night. Of course, I walked away with 5 cd's.......


This has been an absolutely beautiful Fall here in Maine. The colors have been spectacular. One day while driving to work there was an incredibly black sky framing the gold, orange, and red trees in the West. I timed it just right so that the sun was just breaking through the clouds in the East, adding a brief rainbow to the mix. What a phenomenal sight. Of course, no camera in the car.


Yesterday I drove to ski country for a library conference - another beautiful drive. To see the snow on the mountain tops was a thrill. I would have given anything to have gotten to the summit to make my first snow angels of the year. Now the wind has arrived and there is a blizzard of falling leaves. It won't be long now before there'll be a blizzard of another sort.



No comments: