Sunday, December 28, 2008

Yes, Virginia....


Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus! That's certainly how I felt as my Christmas kicked off with a Notre Dame win in the Hawaii Bowl. What a nice present. Let's hope that the team's performance in that game is a harbinger of what's to come next year.

The rest of the holiday has been a fun one - celebrating with family and friends. I've just finished cleaning up from all the festivities and preparing a favorite meal for my sister's birthday party. Whew!

While I was thinking about what to write tonight, I was reminded of a Christmas present from long ago - a green diary that my mom gave me. I was thinking of how it was supposed to be a special place where my very best musings were to be recorded for my eyes only. Interesting, isn't it, how we now do our diaries electronically and want everyone to read them. Hmmmmm. What does that say about us?

No comments: