Sunday, June 28, 2009

Stumped......


There are weeks when I just sail through the Sunday puzzles - not so today. I really struggled with the NYT puzzle from last week (we're a week behind here in Maine). It featured the last words of many celebs and historical figures (Pancho Villa said, "Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."). Grrrr. The Boston Globe puzzle didn't come to me any easier, either. The theme for that one was "Double Portions." For example, malnourished became "mallnourished" (fed at the food court). Not that that one was all that hard, but "millicurries" did me in (tiny Thai portions). Maybe the problem was that it's another dreary rainy day. My mind is beginning to suffer from serious mildew and rot. Rain, it seems, is all we've had all month. I'm sure when this month is done, it'll go into the record books as one one the lousiest Junes on record. (Yesterday was a great day - thank goodness since it was South Berwick's Strawberry Festival and my great niece's graduation party! But, it rained in the morning and again at night!)

By the way, we now only get The Globe on Sunday. When they ran into financial trouble they upped our weekly rate from $9 to $15.75. I was stunned. So, a quick call to cancel was made. While I miss the sports section, the puzzles, the comics, book reviews, and much more, it simply isn't worth that kind of a jump. I wonder how many other people said enough is enough.

No comments: