Saturday, January 30, 2010

Deeper and deeper or...



higher and higher. I'm getting into deeper and deeper trouble as my book piles get higher and higher. I've just joined another book group. This one has a twist, though. It's on Facebook. My cousin Dot has started it. Our first book is "Crossing to Safety" by Wallace Stegner, someone that I've always wanted to read. It was my cousin Kathy's suggestion. Did I mention that this is a mainly a family group? Go Mynahans! I'll never get to my personal stash as I work my way through two book groups from work and this one. Help!!! Oh, you know the drill - so many books, so little time.

Did I also mention that my pile of needlework projects is also growing by leaps and bounds? I'm becoming more of a "chick with sticks" than a stitcher. Sorry EGA friends. I took a class last Sunday in Scandinavian knitting. Not only am I learning how to knit Continental style with two colors, but I'll be dealing with steeks. Basically, that means I'll be cutting the knitting to put in the seams. Yikes. Of course, that means that I first have to finish the project - a teddy bear-sized sweater. Piece of cake right? Wrong. You have to be somewhat coordinated to do this and I'm struggling. So, what am I doing spending time writing this??? Onward and upwards.....

No comments: