Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Senator Snowe: Thank you.

Maine Senator Olympia Snowe has announced that she will not seek reelection this year.  This is a crushing blow, in my opinion, to the State of Maine and our country.  I have always viewed Senator Snowe as a moderating voice in a sea of nastiness.  She has provided a ray of hope for those of us who are fed up with the Washington scene.  Now, with her leaving, things look bleaker than ever.


I certainly understand why she would want to get out and have a degree of normalcy in her life.  She has dedicated herself over the last four-plus decades to public service.  I wish you all the best.  In the years to come you will be seen as a fine example of what a politician should be.  You will be remembered as standing tall.....in more ways than one.............................



Thank you, Senator Snowe.

1 comment:

M.C.V. EGAN said...

Great Post and I agree!
M.C.V. EGAN