Thursday, January 8, 2009

I never would have thought...



that I would miss a national championship football game, but that's just what happened tonight. Too many bowl games, too long a bowl season. The Bruins hockey game was much more interesting to me, along with the local news and a few online games. I think it's time for a playoff if they're going to prolong the season like this. Once January 1st rolled around, I was ready for college basketball. What a week it was, too. Ten major upsets over the weekend, including ND losing, but coming back to beat Georgetown. And, what about BC - the last couple of days have been up-side-down days for them.

Am very glad that the Maineiacs got themselves a win Tuesday night. They nearly blew it, but it turned out okay in the end. The new goalie made a couple of great kick saves that would have been on ESPN if they had the footage. Keep up the good work. Let's turn the season around.

Yesterday I finished a fabulous literary classic - Eudora Welty's The Optimist's Daughter. It was an audio treat as the edition I had was read by the author. I felt like Ms. Welty was sitting next to me in the car telling me, as the doyenne of Mount Salus, all that happened with the McKelva funeral and the fallout from it. What a writer. What a storyteller. I will definitely recommend this to our library's book group after we finish our upcoming "Let's Talk About It" series.

No comments: