Monday, January 26, 2009

Hockey heartbreak


Well, the rumors and the reports that the Lewiston Maineiacs will be moving back to Canada are overwhelming. What a huge, huge, huge disappointment. I've enjoyed going to the games for six seasons now - 5 as a season ticket holder. The level of play, the atmosphere (up until this year), the friends I've made, seeing family, keeping a connection to my hometown, and so much more, have made a difference in my life. I drive an hour to each game - the time, effort, and cost have been worth it. There's going to be a big hole in my heart to fill, but I will find a way. It looks like the AHL's Portland Pirates will be my next destination. However, the bigger arena (won't be able to top the current seats I have at The Colisee - front row and just to the left of the home goal) and the lack of the hometown connection will be difficult to overcome.

No comments: