Sunday, February 1, 2009

Reality is sinking in...






The rumors have been going around for weeks and last night it was confirmed. My beloved Maineiacs are leaving Lewiston to go back to Canada - more likely than not to Boisbriand. I will miss the games so very much. I have a lot to carp about regarding the move, but to me the ultimate slap in the face came with the timing of the filing of their application to make the move - just as the game started last night. I think that was definitely a cheap shot.

Fortunately there are a lot of hockey options for me. I can go to see the Portland Pirates or the UNH Wildcats. Also, there's some really good hockey even closer - the Portland Jr. Pirates in Saco. My great nephew, Connor, is playing for them. Saw the game this afternoon and it was a good one. Fast skating and some pretty good skill play - even a fair amount of chippiness. The PJP beat Walpole 3-2 with Connor scoring the winning goal. Had fun, too, with lots of family there.


Got home in time to see the finish of the Bruins game. Good thing I only saw the last period. Montreal's throwback prision uniforms were really hard to watch on TV. The stripes drove me crazy. I know it did the players, too. What were they thinking of back then??!! (i.e. 1912-1913)





No comments: