Sunday, January 11, 2009

Snowy Sunday Musings



I woke up at 4 AM this morning to the sounds of a stuck snowplow. Oops! It sounded like we were in the midst of a raging snowstorm. Just another six inches. It was a beautiful snow - light and fluffy, just right for shoveling. Although the wind kept sweeping the snow back on the the paths I just finished, it was a great morning to be outside. I really enjoy this kind of weather. Winter is when I feel most alive.

When the shoveling was finished, the hard work was rewarded with the Sunday crosswords for the late morning. Then came an afternoon of reading, football, and some Bejeweled. What a great day.

I was happy to see Pittsburgh win and sorry to see the Giants lose. What a terrible game for Eli and his team. I guess I'll be rooting for the Steelers to go all the way. I don't dare check my fantasy results. Last week I was in last place in my buddy group and in about 21,000 place overall. Not a good year.

No comments: